Finding ways to integrate leverage in your online business is important if you want to remain competitive and profitable. This post discusses the effectiveness of webinars, and covers a new software system that allows users to automate webinar presentations for increased sales and revenue. You’ll learn the main features of the application, see a video of me configuring the software, and I’ll share my thoughts as to whether this software is for you.
8/10/2011, 12:07pm EST Update: Received an update from the product creator that I wanted to bring to your attention, especially for those who are on the fence.
“Due to far exceeding our expectations for the amount of new members we thought we would get, we have decided to close the doors to Evergreen Business System this Thursday Night (Aug 11th) at MIDNIGHT…
We’re close to reaching 2,000 new customers and we want to make sure they are all very well taken care of.
And if we stay open any longer… and although we are a big company, I’m worried we won’t be able to support any more than that.
Once we close, we will not reopen again for a period of time later to be determined. It may be a few weeks or months, but not until we feel our current customers are taken care of.”
It used to be that selling online was as simple as an email sequence, with an offer. Today inboxes are overflowing with sales messages, and are often left unopened, and unread. What is a marketer to do? Many have turned to hosting webinars, and for good reason, they are a great way to directly connect with your market, and make offers for your products or services.
As effective as webinars are, the challenge is to maintain a high-level of performance on every webinar in order to maximize the captive audience. For me, I’d rather not do the same presentation over and over again (unless it is in front of a live audience).
What the Evergreen Business System Software Does
In two words, webinar automation.
The software gives marketers the ability to broadcast recorded presentations as a live online event, using a flexible scheduling system, so they run on an ongoing basis. By coupling this with a compelling and converting offer during the presentation, marketers have an automated revenue stream. Have a look here.
The Webinar Automation Process
- Record a refined presentation
- Host the presentation online
- Configure the Webinar
Configuration Options in Evergreen Business System Automated Webinar Software
Before diving in, it’s worth mentioning that every section of the webinar configuration dashboard has a link in the header to a tutorial video. These videos are well done having a nice sounding voice of a man with a slight accent.
If you’d rather see it in action, below is a video I shot of my account. Keep in mind the video will take you to their offer page upon completion, so if you don’t want that, simply stop the video before the end. If you can’t see the video below find it here: webinar automation software review (Video player, EVP).
Ok, on to the details of the configuration dashboard which was covered in the video
Configure the webinar page title, page keywords, and page description.
Scheduling the Webinar
- Based on webinar admins time zone or based on the registrants own time zone
- Set the webinar to run daily, specific date, one day every week, selected days every week
- You can run the webinar multiple times a day
- Configure holidays to be omitted from the webinar registration page (not many people would host webinars on holidays).
- Handling short notice registrations: Do not block any day (allow short-notice registrations), Block today, Block today and tomorrow, Block the next 2 days, Block the next 3 days, Block the next 4 days.
Webinar Registration Page
- 10 templates to choose from, with the ability to upload/customize your own.
- Option to have a “Presentation box” where you can insert the webinar presenter’s picture for display on the webinar registration page.
- Option to enable either SMS alerts, recorded phone calls, or both to remind webinar registrants just before the webinar.
- Option to configure an exit splash page with message popup, selecting from 10 audio files or upload your own custom audio message. Learn more about the system here.
Webinar Registration Thank You Page
- Use their design or a custom HTML design of your own
- Use their default thank you page video, or your own (theirs is quite good)
- Ability to offer a free bonus on the thank you page
The Countdown Page
This is the page that webinar registrants see when arriving prior to the webinar starting. It lets them know something is coming, and is a way to reinforce your message (video).
- Enable or disable
- Enter custom URL of the video to play prior to the webinar going live
Webinar Broadcast Room
- Split testing capability
- Redirect attendees to a specific page at end of webinar
- “Jump forward” capability, used for handling late attendees.
- Delayed events, so you can present options (buy buttons, download buttons, etc) at specific times during the webinar.
Polls: Configure up to 6 polls during the webinar.
Attendee List: ability to show attendee list to use real names, simulated names or both.
Chat box: configure a chat box so attendees can ask questions during the webinar. Gives marketers a way to monitor the webinar live, and help attendees with questions. This is useful if you wish to later refine the webinar recording to build in the answers to these questions. Learn more about the system here.
Webinar Replay Page
For those who miss the live webinar there is a replay page. You can configure a fixed button (buy) so attendees can act on the information presented in the “replay”.
- Option to use the built in system, your own, or both.
- 6 shortcodes available for use in the webinar notification messages.
- Use one of the three HTML based templates offered, or customize your own.
- Ability to customize the copy for all messages. Configure immediate registration message, 15 minute pre-webinar notice message, as well as…
- Up to 10 pre webinar messages, and
- Up to 10 post webinar messages.
With this option enabled you can properly track inbound affiliate traffic. It works with clickbank, 1shoppingcart, and other popular systems. The technical nuts and bolts is that they leverage variables in URL strings to track affiliates properly (which is how most affiliate systems work).
In my opinion, the strongest feature of the program is the affiliate module. It allows you to optionally enter affiliates into the system manually so that affiliate traffic can be sent to custom webinar registration and broadcast pages. These pages then host a picture of the presenter and the affiliate in a presentation box. Here’s a screenshot (from the video):
Additionally affiliates can create a custom videos for the front and backend of the webinar to welcome their subscribers at the start of the webinar, and encourage them to take what was offered on the backend. Learn more about the system here.
Optional “Powered By” (affiliate) Footer
This allows site owners to display the software name in the footer, and have incentivized it further with the option to send them to the site via your affilaite link (commission if someone purchases).
Flexible options to enter single or multiple codes so you can monitor the site analytics.
Webinar Preview Options
See the preview of both the webinar registration page, or the webinar live page. Just understand that some of the customizations may not be present until it is actually hosted on the internet.
Publishing the Webinar
Users have two options, publish the webinar on your own server, or publish it on one of their domains (extra fees may apply). If you publish it on your server, you have two more steps after uploading the files. 1.) Create a database (done with cPanel), and 2.) Configure a cron job which basically makes sure the system timing configurations are honored. Learn more about the system here.
Again, the system provides video training with each section, and does a good job explaining what needs to be done. I’m glad they had the video training professionally done, because many times software like this can be “too technical” for many customers that need it. This was one of the issues I had with many of the webinar software scripts I’ve tested.
Monitor the Webinar
Some things I’m keeping in mind while implementing this in my business. Monitor and attend the webinars yourself to see how they come off. I’m also planning on monitoring the webinar chat box so you can respond to attendees and gain insight for optimizing the webinar presentation video.
Take Care of Customers
It’s easy to integrate something like this in your business and lose touch with the reality that people are on the other end of your webinar presentations. Depending on what you are selling, consider implementing personal touches such as audio, video, a letter, or even a phone call. If possible, somewhere along the way (I like doing it right after the sale) ask them the number one reason they decided to purchase.
Final Thoughts – Is This for You?
If you are thinking of purchasing the evergreen business system automated webinar software, it is not for everyone. If you are just getting your feet wet with internet marketing, have never sold anything online, have no income stream, or have no plans of ever creating a product to sell, this probably isn’t the best use of your money. If, on the other hand, you have a product, have made money online, and have bandwidth to implement an automation system, this is something worth looking at.
I’m going to implement this in several areas of my business, and may provide updates here as I have something to report.
If you found this review helpful, and are considering purchasing, you can show your support by doing so through our link.
Thoughts? Questions? Feedback? Chime in below.