Finally. Google plus pages for businesses and brands are here. What to do with the page apparently seems to be a hotly debated question at the moment, and is a question for another day. For now I want to show you how I created one, and the number one area to focus on when it comes to your business page on Google plus. I turned on the camera to capture creating the Google Plus page for MarketingProfessor.com.
Google keeps moving things forward with it’s social initiative at breakneck speed. After revamping Google Reader, and hinting that Google Plus users will soon be able to add people to their circles on search results pages, Google pages are available for brands and businesses.
How to Create a Google Plus Business Page, and the Number One thing to Focus On When Doing So
If you can’t see it find it here on YouTube: How to Create a Google Plus Page for Brands and Business (video player used below EVP.)
- Visit www.google.com/+/business to create your page.
- Decide what type of page to create using the available categories there.
- Be sure to enter your website with ‘http://’ in front of the URL.
- Agree to Google’s terms (I am not a lawyer).
- Set the tagline attribute of your new page.
- Upload your business logo, moniker, or face of your company.
- The most important thing you can do? Create a compelling introduction.
- Link text as appropriate.
Useful? Chime in below with your thoughts, create your page, and be sure to include your Google Plus Business page link with your comment.
- See and circle our new page on Google Plus.
- GPSecrets.com: Discover what everyone is learning to get more traffic and sales from Google Plus. Created by Travis Campbell. Free access for a limited time.